Moving from Mint 8 to Mint 8 Fluxbox

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hunter186

Moving from Mint 8 to Mint 8 Fluxbox

Post by hunter186 »

Hello,

I currently have Mint 8 installed on a couple netbooks. I'd like to switch to the Fluxbox edition. Is there a meta-package I can use to install this edition? Also, what can be removed from standard Mint 8? I'm trying to reduce HDD space as well as load, and I'd prefer to avoid a complete re-install.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Moving from Mint 8 to Mint 8 Fluxbox

Post by remoulder »

You cannot move between versions by simply installing and removing packages. AFAIK there is no mint fluxbox meta package but even if there were this would not give you the fluxbox edition. You can of course install fluxbox itself in the main edition and select it at the login screen, but to get the mint edition you are going to have to install from scratch, sorry.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.

Return to “Software & Applications”