Can not install Lazarus Free Pascal under Linux Mint 8

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
finalist

Can not install Lazarus Free Pascal under Linux Mint 8

Post by finalist »

Hi,
I qm absolutely beginner with Linux ....
I did download all the files from:
ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/dist/2.4.0/i386-linux/deb/
that have extension *.deb
Next I did use Synaptic - Manager of Packages, but I can't see Free Pascal as installed Programm Language ....
Please help me to Install it successfuly.
Thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Can not install Lazarus Free Pascal under Linux Mint 8

Post by remoulder »

finalist wrote:I can't see Free Pascal as installed Programm Language
If you've installed all the .deb files then it should be installed unless you had errors. You won't see anything in the menu as what you have installed is just the compiler which is command line. If you want an IDE you'll have to install one separately, lazarus-ide is in synaptic but has an earlier build of fpc as a dependancy so it may try to install that version over yours.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
finalist

Post by finalist »

I had some message during my attempts to install Free Pascal about something like:
"12 packages were not installed, 4 packages were installed"
I do not understand that ....
I am absolute beginner ....
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

finalist wrote:"12 packages were not installed, 4 packages were installed"
Sounds like you didn't actually install fpc, possibly due to dependencies. For a newbie you are trying to do things the hard way, and it must be said yet again that linux is not Windows, you do not install applications in linux by downloading and running an install generally speaking. Applications are installed via the software or package manager. I would suggest you install lazarus-ide via synaptic, this will install fpc 2.2.4 rather than the 2.4.0 you were trying to install.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
bil.bow

Post by bil.bow »

I tried many time and found these instructions works on Mint 17 64 bit!
http://lazplanet.blogspot.com/2013/05/h ... buntu.html

Return to “Software & Applications”