Acrobat, XP, and Linux Printing

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Timbot2000

Acrobat, XP, and Linux Printing

Post by Timbot2000 »

By way of Background,

I have an HP5700 printer on a Mint box using HPLIP just fine, thank you very much, with 1 other Mint box and two XP boxes sharing the printer. Problem is, while my XP box prints test pages just fine (after stopping and restarting Samba after boot up, but that's a different issue), and all other applications in XP print fine, Acrobat does not print. SO far tweaking in the Acrobat Networking tab has been fruitless. The file spools, the printer comes online with a click, then goes offline with a click, and no printed paper. Alas.
Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong? (OK, yes, I know, using Windows for starters, but back to the world of sub-optimal choices)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Acrobat, XP, and Linux Printing

Post by remoulder »

Timbot2000 wrote:Acrobat does not print. SO far tweaking in the Acrobat Networking tab has been fruitless
Sorry Acrobat installed where? What has networking in Acrobat got to do with the printer, does it not just use the system printer?
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.

Return to “Software & Applications”