screen saver

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

screen saver

Postby thorhr on Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:23 am

screen saver does not work in bea .how can i make it work .oh the preview screen works.running on 3.4 intel p4 processor 1024 mb ram.
thorhr
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby mikescottcnc on Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:27 am

Thanks for starting this thread. I to have had a hard time trying to get the screensaver to activate. It works just fine in the pre-view as well in the full screen test. However, when it some to actually initializing the screensaver fails to run. The screen just goes black. he system comes back to life with a simple mouse movement but it seems that choosing any screensaver just initializes a blank screen effect. Any clue on a fix for this?
mikescottcnc
Level 1
Level 1

screen saver

Postby thorhr on Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:45 pm

I think I know what is wrong with the screen saver but I dont know how to fix it here is my theory.
I am running Bea beta version on my laptop IBM T23 1200 mghz p3 super savage video card. The screen saver was working great until this morning when i received an update for mono now the screen saver only goes to a blank screen saver just like Bea does on my desktop.

Is there any way to fix this does anyone know how? Any help will be appreciated!
thorhr
Level 1
Level 1

Postby scorp123 on Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:29 am

Did you look at the Power Management options?
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

screen saver

Postby thorhr on Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:34 pm

I dont know what happened I did not change anything but the screen saver works now on my desk top and my laptop, go figure.
Thanks for the help . Mint is a very good operating system.
thorhr
Level 1
Level 1

Postby mikescottcnc on Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:23 pm

Nope have tried and rechecked my power settings and since I never did touch them in the first place they seem to be fine. Still no luck in getting a screensaver to start. All it does is proceed directly to a blank screen. Any suggestions? I have made all the updates and still nothing. I have 3d acceleration enabled on my ATI card and get 250 fps with glxgears.
mikescottcnc
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Software & Applications