MintMenu as a sidebar?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
shayney

MintMenu as a sidebar?

Post by shayney »

So I installed Gnome Shell preview to have a looky and was pretty underwhelmed and thought it didn't really add anything over the good old Mint Menu (yes, I know it's early days and is just a preview).

But it did get me to thinking of using the Mint Menu as a sidebar.
I'm wondering what current settings (in the menu prefs or gconf) would best allow me to do this?

I know there is a setting somewhere to keep the menu open but it would be ideal to either have it so windows dont cover it or if they do, clicking on the main menu button would raise the menu rather than closing it (because it is already open).
Even better would be if window would only open in the empty remaining space not taken by the menu (something to look at in compiz maybe).

So is all this possible with current settings and also does anyone know what window rules to use with MintMenu as I have been unable to find anything specific to it.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
shayney

Re: MintMenu as a sidebar?

Post by shayney »

I couldn't actually find a way to get the menu to stay open but as I was looking I thought, "Wow, what a stupid idea. Why have a menu/sidebar open all the time taking up so much space when it only takes a single click to use it?" Oh well.
Would still be interested to know window rules for the menu though for other purposes.

Return to “Software & Applications”