not minimizing

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
yattering

not minimizing

Post by yattering »

After I updated Mint, none of my windows will minimize to the bar any more, they just close. Any ideas how I could solve this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Aging Technogeek

Re: not minimizing

Post by Aging Technogeek »

Right click on the panel, select "Add to Panel" scroll down to "Window List", click on it to highlight, and click "Add".
yattering

Post by yattering »

Thank you for the quick reply Technogeek. It works! But now it's not in its usual space on the bar. It's one over. like there is already an invisible window there.
Aging Technogeek

Post by Aging Technogeek »

Right click on the section of the panel that has the "Invisible Window" and you should get an indication of what is using that space by clicking on "Properties" or "About". If the applet is not something you want to keep, just click "Remove from Panel" in the same menu.
Kaye

Post by Kaye »

More likely, he just added the window list further to the right than it should be. Right click the window list, select move, and move it to where ever you like.
yattering

Post by yattering »

Right clicking on the panel didn't show anything there. I only get panel options. And it wont let me drag and drop to where I would like one the panel, I am only able to move it to another desktop.
Kaye

Post by Kaye »

You're not clicking on the right spot. There is a small tab on the far left of the window list that has three horizontal lines on it, that's where you need to click to get the move option. Sorry, I should have been more specific before.

Return to “Software & Applications”