"rooted" application launcher [SOLVED]

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cryingfist

"rooted" application launcher [SOLVED]

Post by cryingfist »

Hi, everybody!

I've recently installed Linux Mint 8 (wicked cool, btw, except for a couple of glitches I'm having my best linux experience!) and I've come across a little (and probably noob) issue:

I've got a gtk application (linux wbfs manager) which reads and write a particular filesystem (wbfs) on a mounted usb drive's partition. In order to do so the application needs root privileges. Sure, it is way easy to run the application from a terminal and use "sudo", but it's a little bit annoying and I'd also like to run the application with a launcher.

Is there a way to create a launcher for said application that also gives root privileges to the launched application?

Thanks in advance for your answers and please bear with me if my english it's not very polished...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Aging Technogeek

Re: "rooted" application launcher

Post by Aging Technogeek »

If you create a panel or desktop launcher using the exact command (including "sudo" or "gksu") that you use in terminal, the app will launch with root privileges and require your password to run.
cryingfist

Re: "rooted" application launcher

Post by cryingfist »

Thank you! It runs very fine!

Return to “Software & Applications”