Isadora: OpenJDK vs. Sun Java 6Runtime

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
thx1138

Isadora: OpenJDK vs. Sun Java 6Runtime

Post by thx1138 »

So, i installed Isadora as my main OS and hadn't any unsolvable issues.
But while installing my personal software (i'm using many java apps) i had to install Sun Java on my very first choice (tvbrowser in synaptic).
Well, at that point i didn't recognize that OpenJDK was already installed.
I started all Java apps with OpenJDK first and experienced some bugs in many of my jarApps. Well, i've done and i'll do some research on my issues with OpenJDK, but i'm not that lucky about having Sun Java not included in Isadora. The out-of-the-box experience is gone.
Am i the only one who misses Sun Java 6Runtime in the default (rc)iso?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ShexNivis

Re: Isadora: OpenJDK vs. Sun Java 6Runtime

Post by ShexNivis »

Didn't test Isadora yet but when I get it, first thing I will do will be replacing openjdk for sun-java6
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
Carl
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Carl »

remoulder wrote:Isadora discussions here http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=47031
Are you using a bot to post these? as you must be getting really tired of writing that :wink:
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

Carl wrote:Are you using a bot to post these? as you must be getting really tired of writing that :wink:
Actually I have several clones doing it for me! :)
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.

Return to “Software & Applications”