Sound crackles heavily when using ZNES[SOLVED]

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Guan

Sound crackles heavily when using ZNES[SOLVED]

Post by Guan »

I recently dl'ed ZNES so I could have some old school gaming fun. But... when I load any ROM that I download the sound crackles like crazy making the game not worth playing. My sound for movie playback in GNOME player and VLC works fine, as does DDO and LoTRO via Wine. (Though I had to switch audio options for those two first because they were crackling as well). Has anyone expierenced this or have any solutions? Thanks in advance.

Linux Mint 8 fully updated
ALC 1200 Realtek Soundcard.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Snydar

Re: Sound crackles heavily when using ZNES

Post by Snydar »

Do you mean ZSNES? I use snes9x-gtk. It has a gtk front end, and if I recall there were some solutions to this problem on their forums. I believe it has to do with the bit rate of the sound, try lowering/raising it. I assume ZSNES would have similar options.

If you didn't mean ZSNES, then I'm sorry. :shock:
Guan

Post by Guan »

Thanks! Moving the sample rate way down seems to have fixed the problem. I was referring to ZSNES. Need to spell check my stuff before I post.
Snydar

Post by Snydar »

Sweet, I actually gave an answer that made someone happy. :D

Return to “Software & Applications”