Linux Speech to Text Software ?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bulletproofpenguin

Linux Speech to Text Software ?

Post by bulletproofpenguin »

I am running helena and trying to find some type of speech to text software. I have found the reverse (espeak) which works great, but I would like some speech to text as well. Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Aging Technogeek

Re: Linux Speech to Text Software ?

Post by Aging Technogeek »

There is a speech recognition program in Package Manager - Search "sphinx". That gets you partway there.

For the rest, the conversion to text, I can't find anything with a quick search. You could try Google - search Speech-to-text-linux. This may turn up something, I could only give it a quick look.
bulletproofpenguin

Post by bulletproofpenguin »

Thank you for the reply. I can't seem to find a simple sphinx package. Just a bunch of libraries and tools for developing speech recognition software. What is the name of the package you are talking about exactly?
Aging Technogeek

Post by Aging Technogeek »

I couldn't say. I've never been involved with speech to text, speech recognition , or text to speech.

I ran a search in Package manager for "speech to text" and then for "speech recognition" and found the group of sphinx apps and libraries you found. I thought you might be able to sort them out so I mentioned it.

I also ran a Google search on "speech to text linux" and got several pages of hits but I don't have the time to sort through them. Try it and see if anything helps you.

Return to “Software & Applications”