Trying to make Quasar work

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Trying to make Quasar work

Postby ellipse55 on Fri May 14, 2010 9:41 pm

Hi all,

I'm trying to use the accounting software called Quasar (http://www.linuxcanada.com/quasar.shtml) in Mint 7 (XFCE). I got it as a .deb file and it installs fine (no errors, all dependencies met). It is installed in /opt/quasar. The install procedure creates menu items in the Office submenu. But these do not work - i.e. quasar doesn't launch. If I click on /opt/quasar/bin/quasar in Thunar, nothing happens. I'm somewhat baffled because it works fine on my other computer (running Ubuntu 9.04). Would anyone have suggestions as to what might be wrong/different/incompatible?

Best,
Pierre.
ellipse55
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Trying to make Quasar work

Postby Aging Technogeek on Sun May 16, 2010 9:55 am

Go to the Quasar file and right click to get to the context menu. At the bottom of the menu, Click "Properties" . Click the "Permissions" tab and check to see if the "Allow file to be run as a Program" box is checked. If not, open the file as root and check the box.

If the box is checked, post back here and we will try something else.

Registered Linux User 483387
Aging Technogeek
Level 13
Level 13

Re: Trying to make Quasar work

Postby ellipse55 on Mon May 17, 2010 10:19 am

Hi Aging Technogeek,

thanks for your answer! Permissions seem to be fine (-rwxr-xr-x). Quasar uses the postgres database backend. Using System Monitor, I can see that it is running ok, so that doesn't appear to be the problem. I don't have AppArmor running, so that is not blocking Quasar. My setup for Quasar is for a single workstation, so probably no network issues.

I appear to need additional help :)

Best,
Pierre.
ellipse55
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Software & Applications