Synaptic Problem

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Synaptic Problem

Postby roid on Sun May 16, 2010 3:46 pm

Downloading packages via synaptic is taking hours sometimes days, when downloading for example a movie or a film the speed is fine which is why I believe its Synaptic, help.
Intel Atom 1.6Ghz N270 Processor, 1GB Ram, 160GB storage. Not much to brag about :P
roid
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Synaptic Problem

Postby beefstu on Sun May 16, 2010 6:50 pm

Hi homie! (from Portsmouth too, shame about the result, oh well did well to get there! Anyway...)

I'd imagine its the server you're downloading it from. Try going to Software sources then goto download from and select other. just press select best server, let it run and choose the one it suggests (probably germany) then press close then reload.

See if that helps
Please go through the steps here when posting a question. Once your question has been resolved, edit the original question post and add [Solved] to the subject. Both of these will help others use the forum effectively.
beefstu
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Synaptic Problem

Postby roid on Wed May 19, 2010 7:23 am

Doesnt matteer now because I am going to update to LM9 so we shall see if I still ave the same problem after that.
Intel Atom 1.6Ghz N270 Processor, 1GB Ram, 160GB storage. Not much to brag about :P
roid
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Software & Applications