Open Office suite's task bar headings

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cato40
Level 4
Level 4

Open Office suite's task bar headings

Post by cato40 »

I have come across a very peculiar situation. I am using Mint 7(Gnome), and when I open my Word processor, Open office 3.0,
I am unable to view any of the headings,such as File, edit, etc. there are only lines, no text. Whatsoever.
My tower consists of: AMD 64 X2 Dual Core Processor, 3600+, 80Gb. HD 2Gb Ram.
Thanking you,
cato40 :(
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cato40
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Open Office suite's task bar headings

Post by cato40 »

Very sorry, for using the wrong terminology.
I should have said , "Menu Bar " Hope this helps. Could this be on account of a 64 bit Pc.?
Thanks,
cato40 :(
steeveherris

Post by steeveherris »

There is no problem with the system but there is something wrong with the office so you must uninstall the office first and than reinstall it. It will surely work try.
cato40
Level 4
Level 4

Post by cato40 »

Hi all;
Re: Open office , I shall wait till I have to install Mint 9 to see if that works. thanks anyway.
cheers,
cato40 :)
cato40
Level 4
Level 4

Post by cato40 »

I tried Mint 9 ,but that did not help. So I installed Mint 7 (Gnome) ,and also installed Abiword and Gnumeric Spreadsheet.
They show all of the Menu Bars. Here is another quirky item. I downloaded PysolFC ,and would you believe it, but it also has no menu bar. Wierd.
Thanks anyway.,
Nunc Aut Never
cto40 :o

Return to “Software & Applications”