Isadora not honoring gnome-power-manager

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Isadora not honoring gnome-power-manager

Postby Kaye on Fri May 21, 2010 11:44 am

Hey everyone,

After uninstalling flashplugin-nonfree, Mint also took out gnome-power-manager (not sure why they would be bound, but w/e). Not a problem I thought, I'll just reinstall. So I reinstalled with no problems, but now the settings in GPM aren't being honored by Mint. No matter how I change the settings it always puts the computer to sleep after ~3 minutes of inactivity rather than the 30 I have it set for (additionally I only have it set to sleep the monitor and not the system, but that's ignored as well).

Anyone know what could cause this or how I can fix it?

Thanks,
Kaye
"In somnis veritas"
Antivirus or defragging?
Kaye
Level 5
Level 5

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Isadora not honoring gnome-power-manager

Postby remoulder on Fri May 21, 2010 7:07 pm

Strange, uninstalling flashplugin doesn't remove power manager here (isadora i386), so not sure what's going on there kaye. Have you tried making the settings default on the power manager dialog, or changing the values in gconf-editor? Maybe a bug?
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Isadora not honoring gnome-power-manager

Postby Kaye on Sat May 22, 2010 11:23 am

It seemed very strange to me when it happened as well. I've tried every tweak possible using GPM, but I haven't tried gconf yet. I'll give that a go and report back.

EDIT: Sorry! It wasn't removing flash that removed GPM, it was removing notify-osd (I like to apply a workaround to move the bubble).
"In somnis veritas"
Antivirus or defragging?
Kaye
Level 5
Level 5

Return to Software & Applications