Valve + Steam + Linux = :) ?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lawrenceGT

Valve + Steam + Linux = :) ?

Post by lawrenceGT »

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Lantesh

Re: Valve + Steam + Linux = :) ?

Post by Lantesh »

I've been following this story at Phoronix for about a year now hoping and praying that it would happen. When I found out a couple weeks ago that it is indeed going to happen I found myself grinning like a 5 year old that just got a new toy. The rumor is that it will be ready sometime this summer.
wqawasmi

Post by wqawasmi »

Yes! Yes! Yes!

That should shut up all the (bad) arguments about Linux involving "gaming".

Take that, WinFags!
ArsenutsJr

Post by ArsenutsJr »

Wow that is amazing i thought it would never happen!

A Steam client and titles to run natively under linux.
sbeaber4

Post by sbeaber4 »

Hella Awesome. Does this mean the same games for windows and mac AND linux or will the offered list be dramatically different or only slightly?
lawrenceGT

Post by lawrenceGT »

I'm not really sure... it'll be at least the same as what the Mac gets I'd imagine. Portal on Linux... Nice. Be interesting to see how it all goes down for sure. I notice there is a drop in image quality comparing Windows Portal to Mac Portal, so I reckon we'll see the same. Otherwise, it can only be a good thing. Perhaps a few people will be removing their Windows partitions? We'll see...

Return to “Software & Applications”