Problem submitting review in Software Manager [SOLVED]

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pbmuk

Problem submitting review in Software Manager [SOLVED]

Post by pbmuk »

I tried to review some software using the option in the Software Manager but it keeps giving me an "Incorrect Password" error.

I have put my community login and password in the account information dialog and I am absolutely sure that they are correct: even to the extent of cutting the value from the Software Manager dialog and pasting it into the community "change password" web page form. Still no joy.

Submitting reviews via the community web site is fine.

Mint 9 (Isadora)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
SeanBest

Re: Problem submitting review in Software Manager

Post by SeanBest »

No idea, just tested it and it worked great for me ...
pbmuk

Re: Problem submitting review in Software Manager - SOLVED

Post by pbmuk »

I'll find another app to review and try again. My review via the community has already appeared on the Software Manager! I'm really impressed with this: I think I'll review it! :)

The Software Manager app isn't in the Software Manager! I tried to review Synaptic instead. Still no luck. :(

I'm puzzled. My very first review failed because I hadn't set my login details but every one since has failed because of this login problem.

I'm being a stupid noob. Cut and paste was appending an extra character into the password field. Typing the password in fixed it.

Return to “Software & Applications”