Laptop audio control... help?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
<censored>

Laptop audio control... help?

Post by <censored> »

Okay so I'm on an Acer Aspire 5517 with Mint 9 and I had to uninstall Pulse Audio because it wouldnt pickup my mic... and i use skype a lot :? so i installed all these Alsa files (apt-get install alsa-base alsa-tools alsa-tools-gui alsa-utils alsa-oss linux-sound-base alsamixergui) because i read on a forum somewhere that thats what would work.. anyways now that my mic is working... i cant adjust my sound with the function key and the volume keys :x so i was wondering if there is anything i can do to configure Alsa? or just anything so the keys will work and the mic will work -.-* thanks in advance
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Gutknecht

Re: Laptop audio control... help?

Post by Gutknecht »

I had a similar problem with an ACER Aspire One netbook. Mic worked fine in sound recorder but was very weak or did not respond in Skype. I found a solution by running padevchooser then adjusting the volume of the input device. You will see two inputs (stereo) and they are linked together. That is the problem. The mic is mono not stereo. So you need to click on the lock icon in the upper right. This unlocks the two inputs. Set one to 90% and the other to 10%. This should fix it, launch Skype and you should be ok.
denzilorton22

Post by denzilorton22 »

I have seen that audio stereo sound, I have found one which known as internal audio analog stereo, which is locate on upper right of window analysis. I am sure that It would be control over the audio surrounded. I have also tried more after I have found it. I wish that You will also get it as soon as well and get control over the audio sound.
Intio

Post by Intio »

Open a terminal and type:

alsamixer -c0

and you will be presented with various options to control your sound levels and boost gains. Make sure to use TAB to select all the options, and you can change the "-c0" to "-c1" (or 2 or 3 etc.) to select different soundcards you may have. F6 also serves this purpose within alsamixer.

Return to “Software & Applications”