Is popfile available for mint?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
canam101

Is popfile available for mint?

Post by canam101 »

Any .deb? Or is there an url containing it that can be added to the apt-get repository?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Brian49

Re: Is popfile available for mint?

Post by Brian49 »

For a .deb package, go here, and click on the download link in the box at the foot of the page (which takes you to a list of mirror sites):

http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/popfile

That website is a good first port-of-call when searching for .deb packages likely to install comfortably in Mint.
canam101

Post by canam101 »

Thank you kindly.
canam101

Post by canam101 »

I installed popfile after downloading a package, and it is running nicely. Except for one little thing: it puts the classification into the Subject field as well as into the x-text-classification field.

I would rather not have the subject field altered, because then I don't have to remember to remove the classification when I reply.

Apparently, there is no way to do this from the gui, or from the .cfg file in /etc. The only way to do it is to run a command:
perl popfile.pl - subject 0

Ok, no problem. popfile.pl is in /usr/share/popfile. So I tried the command: sudo perl /usr/share/popfile/popfile.pl -subject 0

But the response was:
Can't locate POPFile/Loader.pm in @INC (@INC contains: . /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.0 /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.0 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.10 /usr/share/perl/5.10 /usr/local/lib/site_perl) at /usr/share/popfile/popfile.pl line 75.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/popfile/popfile.pl line 75.
It talks about popfile/loader.pm, but at this point I am in way over my head. Any simple thing that I can do to fix this (I ran it with popfile running and shut down, and with and without the 'sudo'. Same results for each.)

Return to “Software & Applications”