Can someone help me i need a cpu heat monitor

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
skata94

Can someone help me i need a cpu heat monitor

Post by skata94 »

i downloaded computertemp but it is not working can anyone help me get the program working or let me know of one that does work
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
antonone

Re: Can someone help me i need a cpu heat monitor

Post by antonone »

Hi, you can try lm-sensors. Then you'll have `sensors` command which will (should) dump the temperature information and other stuff. Be advised however that it requires some knowledge (the chipset of your sensor), a bit of setup, starting with running `sensors-detect` script, and it may end with tweaking some constants in sensors configuration file if the temperatures will have an improper bias. But I'm not saying you will have to do it :)
Brian49

Post by Brian49 »

For further advice, go here:

http://www.lucidtips.com/2009/06/06/mon ... ntu-linux/

By the way, this topic has been addressed several times before in this forum, and at least once quite recently.
skata94

Post by skata94 »

brian49 thank you that was so much help im running mint 9 debian so it was a lil different on the widget but worked good stuff thanks

Return to “Software & Applications”