Are there any Linux tar.gz Packages for...

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DjPz

Are there any Linux tar.gz Packages for...

Post by DjPz »

Hello, I was just wondering if there is any Linux Packages for a Netgear Wireless-N 150 WNA1100 Wireless Adapter, I have looked around and can't seem to find any, ANY help is appreciated. Also:

Code: Select all

Install the build-essential Package

When I tried to build NDISwrapper I got a whole raft of errors and warnings. I was about ready to give up at this point, as a Linux beginner I wasn't about to try and debug someone else's source code! Curiosity got the better of me and I scrolled up to find out where the first error had occured. "Couldn't find stdlib.h". I've been a developer long enough to know that this is pretty fundamental! A bit of research and I found out you need to install the "build-essential" package to get the standard libraries. You can do this through Synaptic (System > Administration > Package Manager) or by issuing the apt-get command as follows:

apt-get install build-essential
Does anyone know how I can get the Build Essential package offline, like a tar.gz package?

Thanks.

**EDIT**
Forgot My OS, I have the Linux Mint 9 'Isadora' realease.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Kendall

Re: Are there any Linux tar.gz Packages for...

Post by Kendall »

build-essential pulls in some standard stuff, but a lot of the time you need more than just standard stuff to compile a package. ndiswrapper should be available in the repository, but if you're bent on compiling it, then you'll need to make sure you have all of the necessary build dependencies. Make sure your source repos are enabled, update and then try:

Code: Select all

apt build-dep ndiswrapper
Then try to build ndiswrapper again.
DjPz

Post by DjPz »

alright i've installed/built and done everything with ndiswrapper so far.

Now i need to find a tar.gz package for a WNA1100 NETGEAR wireless driver, since all the packages on the netgear websites are .exe (executables) packages.
MichiganRob

Post by MichiganRob »

I myself have a netgear wna1100. I'm going to follow the apt thing posted above. I wonder if running the .exe in wine would work.

Return to “Software & Applications”