error at boot - checking disks - can't see it

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
5littlejoe5

error at boot - checking disks - can't see it

Post by 5littlejoe5 »

Often in booting mint 9 I get a screen that says that linux is checking the disks, but it never get's done checking them! It says to cancel the disk check hit "C", so I do that, and then it seems to hurry through a check and boot, but I don't kow if it's really checking the disk or not. If I leave it alone, it will set there for hours without changing anything.

I wanted to change the settings so that I could see what it is doing, but can't seem to figure out how.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JasonLG

Re: error at boot - checking disks - can't see it

Post by JasonLG »

5littlejoe5 wrote:Often in booting mint 9 I get a screen that says that linux is checking the disks, but it never get's done checking them! It says to cancel the disk check hit "C", so I do that, and then it seems to hurry through a check and boot, but I don't kow if it's really checking the disk or not. If I leave it alone, it will set there for hours without changing anything.

I wanted to change the settings so that I could see what it is doing, but can't seem to figure out how.
It's a bug. Keep hitting C for a while until it's fixed.
Brian49

Re: error at boot - checking disks - can't see it

Post by Brian49 »

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... hilit=fsck

and there have been several other previous threads on the same topic.

Return to “Software & Applications”