firefox does not minimise to a try icon

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
leo5111
Level 4
Level 4

firefox does not minimise to a try icon

Post by leo5111 »

if i hit minimise window window with firefox there is no minimised icon anywhere on taskbar anywhere :?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rich_roast

Re: firefox does not minimise to a try icon

Post by rich_roast »

One possible cause I can think of is that your windows list has gone walkies. I'm not on GNOME any more but if memory serves the procedure is to right click on the panel and the navigate through whatever menus to ensure that the window list is added to the panel and is wide enough to display minimised windows (I've seen it reduced to just one pixel wide, which isn't optimum).
leo5111
Level 4
Level 4

Post by leo5111 »

i was trying to customise my whole bottom taskbar area i need to restore it to when i first installed linux mint
Varg

Post by Varg »

The taskbar can get stuck between two icons. It starts with two rows of dots, just like the system tray. Did you try to ad a new Window list to a empty panel ?
I think that there is a command to restore to the default desktop but I forgot it.

When you really want the default desktop you can also delete the hidden folders in your home desktop: .gnome, .gnome2, .config,...
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=89250

Return to “Software & Applications”