Firefox issues *Solved*

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
liquidfire

Firefox issues *Solved*

Post by liquidfire »

I've tried seraching google as well as these forums and I am unable to find a answer for this.

The download manager box shows up empty even after downloading files, I'm unable to install any extenstions becuase firefox doesnt download them. I've tried different download locations as well as reinstalling firefox.. Also if i try to load files such as .html for example the file manger show up empty.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
vrkalak

Re: Firefox issues

Post by vrkalak »

This sounds like a Firefox/Mozilla issue ... not necessarily Mint/Ubuntu/Linux.

Try searching and asking in the Firefox Forums >> http://forums.mozillazine.org/

They have a great support and Help Forum and they deal exclusively with all versions of Firefox.

** Also, which version of Firefox are you using ... the newer versions are not all that stable yet or don't have access to all Add-ons and Extensions.
red-e-made
Level 5
Level 5

Post by red-e-made »

I hate to be that guy who suggests trying a different browser, but I've been using Chrome for Linux and have been really happy with it. It's faster, lighter, and now has all the extensions I used to use in Firefox (no more AdBlock via Privoxy!). It's become my default browser. I recommend you take it for a test drive.
liquidfire

Post by liquidfire »

I typically use Chrome. but I just installed Mint and havnt installed chrome yet. but I run ie, chrome , firefox, safair, safari and konqueror as im a web developer. The only reason im worried about firefox is because i use the debugging tools on FF and Chrome.
Midnighter
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Midnighter »

What version of mint you running? What version of firefox? Have you updated? Tried logging out and back in? Restarting?
If you accept - and I do - that freedom of speech is important, then you are going to have to defend the indefensible. That means you are going to be defending the right of people to read, or to write, or to say, what you don't say or like or want said.
liquidfire

Post by liquidfire »

3.6.3 -> firefox & mint 9

Solved
I changed my visual effects to advanced and restarted my computer and it started working, strange.

Return to “Software & Applications”