[SOLVED]Gnome Do...What is the big deal??

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gqpolo

[SOLVED]Gnome Do...What is the big deal??

Post by gqpolo »

I just started looking at Gnome Do and I know people like it but from what I see it doesn't seem like a must have tool. Please give me feedback as to why I should use it and why you use it. Thanks in advance. BTW please give any info regarding plugins that you like and why.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Midnighter
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Gnome Do...What is the big deal??

Post by Midnighter »

I don't use it, or any of the other Mono-based apps., so I remove them. Superfluous junk to my mind. Some seem to love them, but it's not to everyone's taste.
If you accept - and I do - that freedom of speech is important, then you are going to have to defend the indefensible. That means you are going to be defending the right of people to read, or to write, or to say, what you don't say or like or want said.
Fred

Post by Fred »

gqpolo,

Gnome Do is not only mono based, which I prefer not to use for ideological reasons, but it is a resource hog. It is especially hard on disk drives as it is constantly polling them. I would suggest not using it, especially on low powered systems and laptops.

But to each their own. :-)

Fred
gqpolo

Post by gqpolo »

Fred wrote:it is a resource hog. It is especially hard on disk drives as it is constantly polling them. I would suggest not using it, especially on low powered systems and laptops.
This is a great reason not to use it...anyone have any pros??
harshad1

Post by harshad1 »

On mint, gnome do is hardly necessary.

Between mint-menu and the Deskbar applet most of its functionality is already present in a fresh install of mint.

Its also has a few bugs and is a resource hog.

Return to “Software & Applications”