Mint linux S-video to composite cable

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pdiddles03

Mint linux S-video to composite cable

Post by pdiddles03 »

Ok, i'm new to mint linux. I am thinking of installing on my laptop, i like to watch things on my laptop like hulu and fancast and what not. my question is, i remember some years ago, flash looked like crap on linux, is that problem fixed? and also, does mint have ati support now so that I can plug my laptop into the tv using svideo to composite?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JasonLG

Re: Mint linux S-video to composite cable

Post by JasonLG »

pdiddles03 wrote:Ok, i'm new to mint linux. I am thinking of installing on my laptop, i like to watch things on my laptop like hulu and fancast and what not. my question is, i remember some years ago, flash looked like crap on linux, is that problem fixed? and also, does mint have ati support now so that I can plug my laptop into the tv using svideo to composite?

Flash has improved greatly but is still not at the level that it is in Windows. :cry: If you plan on watching hulu I'd go with the 32 bit version of Mint because for some reason the last time I checked hulu blocks 64 bit flash.

As far as ATI support goes it greatly depends on which chipset/card. Run it off the LiveCD and see if it works.

Return to “Software & Applications”