Kompozer wont Launch after Level 3 Update

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ozdroggy
Level 2
Level 2

Kompozer wont Launch after Level 3 Update

Post by ozdroggy »

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum :roll:

I have previously had Kompozer working perfectly but yesterday I decided to install all Level 3 updates having only done Level 1 & 2 since first insatlling LinuxMint about 3 weeks ago.

After this I found that Kompozer would not Launch. I tried a REMOVE of Kompozer and a re-INSTALL a couple of times but still no go.

I then took a look at Update Manager -> History of Updates and decided to remove them one by one to trouble shoot the problem. I selected the bottom Level 3 update and hit CLEAR :oops: WRONG :!: My update history has now gone.

How else can I uninstall the current Level 3 updates. I don't mind doing them ALL.

Can I reinstall LinuxMint from my DVD and start again WITHOUT loosing all my apps and saved files and start again :cry:

Maybe try to run in 'safe' mode :?:

BTW I do still have GRAMPS, Kmymoney, OpenOffice etc all OK - It just appears that Kompozer has died.

JUST had a thought :idea: Is the command line OK :?:
Kompozer-Launcher Properties.png
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Mike.

Linux Mint
Release Linux Mint 21.1 Vera 64-bit
Kernel Linux 5.15.0-72-generic x86_64
MATE 1.26.0

Hardware
Memory: 3.8 GiB
Processor: Intel(R) Core i3-4160 CPU @ 3.60GHz x 4

System Status
Available disk space: 299.8 GiB
ozdroggy
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Kompozer wont Launch after Level 3 Update

Post by ozdroggy »

Did not get an answer to my problem but to close the subject here is what I had to do. Unfortunately I was not able to find which Level 3 was the cause but I am almost sure it was one of them.

I decided to bite the bullet yesterday and did a REINSTALL [fresh upgrade] from my DVD using the procedure given by 'clem' at http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/2. . Thank you clem :)

Much fear and trepidation but after one false start with the DVD [dirty :?: ] all went well apart from losing all my emails - no big deal as there were not a lot and they are currently duplicated on the WinXP side of my machine [dual boot].

Having reinstalled LinuxMint 9 and before using the Update Manager to get things up to date, I installed Kompozer from Software Manager and checked it out - all OK.

I have now reinstalled all level 1 and 2 and will not touch level 3 unless some software asks for them but I assume that if I am using the Software Manager it will happen automatically.
ozdroggy wrote:Can I reinstall LinuxMint from my DVD and start again WITHOUT loosing all my apps and saved files and start again :cry:
The answer is a definite yes using 'clem's' procedure above BUT although Firefox restored to normal with all my Bookmarks etc. I did loose all my Thunderbird data including the address book. Is there a way to avoid that in the future :?:
Mike.

Linux Mint
Release Linux Mint 21.1 Vera 64-bit
Kernel Linux 5.15.0-72-generic x86_64
MATE 1.26.0

Hardware
Memory: 3.8 GiB
Processor: Intel(R) Core i3-4160 CPU @ 3.60GHz x 4

System Status
Available disk space: 299.8 GiB
dawgdoc

Re: Kompozer wont Launch after Level 3 Update

Post by dawgdoc »

ozdroggy wrote:I did loose all my Thunderbird data including the address book. Is there a way to avoid that in the future :?:
When you back up the data in your home directory, make sure you include /.thunderbird which is a hidden directory in your home directory.

Return to “Software & Applications”