Firefox won't open some Wordpress sites?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
garyfarnam

Firefox won't open some Wordpress sites?

Post by garyfarnam »

Hello fellow Linux users :)

I have Linux Mint installed on an Asus eee pc and love it.

However, recently, I have been having problems getting 2 websites to open on Firefox 3.6.8. All other websites (google, yahoo, msn) open fine, including other Wordpress sites that I own.

The 2 sites are:
http://www.garyfarnam.org and http://www.emeriandjonahscloset.com

These are both my Wordpress websites, but when I try to go to them, the Firefox tab keeps trying, but doesn't go to the page.

I have Linux Mint, with the same version of Firefox installed on another computer, and can open both sites with no lag or issue.

The Firefox theme is set to the default on both computers.

I ran the Linux Mint updates on the eee pc, and continue to have the issue. I have completely cleared the cache, history, etc too. (I did some research before posting).

Any ideas? (I only give the urls in this post because these are the sites I'm having trouble with. Not trying to spam in any way :) )

Thank you so much for your time.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
eiver
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Firefox won't open some Wordpress sites?

Post by eiver »

I just visited both sites and they open normally... Did you manage to fix the problem yourself?
tinca
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Firefox won't open some Wordpress sites?

Post by tinca »

eiver wrote:I just visited both sites and they open normally... Did you manage to fix the problem yourself?

+1

best regards Keith

Return to “Software & Applications”