PPA OpenOffice - Broken Packages

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
psg

PPA OpenOffice - Broken Packages

Post by psg »

Firstly I already tried to search in the forum for similar post, but the solutions were useless.

Now my situation:
1. First I got the warning "Could not apply changes! Fix broken packages first." trying to update the system with MintUpdate.
2. I isolated the troubled software source. It is the "http://ppa.launchpad.net/openoffice-pkgs/ppa/ubuntu lucid main" ppa.
3. It's trying to update to version 1.3.2.1 of several packages.

Is this ppa "out-of-date" or simply it doesn't work any more?

How can I update using the MintUpdate?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
psg

Re: PPA OpenOffice - Broken Packages

Post by psg »

Is there anyone?
Are you guys back from holidays? :D

Please!!! :oops:
whvann08

Post by whvann08 »

The best way to fix broken packages is with synaptic package manager. Just check your filters on the left of the screen it will find the broken packages you need and fix it. If it is a issue of older packages just uninstall after you fix them until then your update manager will not work. It is stuck with the broken package. Like I said just use your synaptic package manager and the filters to find and fix your broken package.

Henry
vincent

Post by vincent »

If you're trying to upgrade from OOo 3.2.0 to 3.2.1 via the Scribblers' PPA (which I've managed to do successfully), try running the following in a terminal:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
psg

Post by psg »

@whvann08:
I've already tried to find the broken packages with synaptic, but it doesn't return anything.

@vincent
You're right, I'm working with Scribbler's PPA and upgrading from 3.2.0 to 3.2.1.
It's absolutly necessary to upgrade the kernel?
vincent

Post by vincent »

psg wrote:@vincent
You're right, I'm working with Scribbler's PPA and upgrading from 3.2.0 to 3.2.1.
It's absolutly necessary to upgrade the kernel?
No, but with a regular apt-get upgrade, half of the OOo packages will be upgraded while the other half will be kept back; there are also some minor OOo-related packages that are removed when updating from 3.2.0 to 3.2.1 (and if not removed, will block some core OOo packages from being upgraded), and the easiest way by far to deal with all of the above issues in one fell swoop is to run a dist-upgrade. As a workaround, try running "apt hold" on your kernel (linux-image-*) before running a dist-upgrade, and then "apt unhold" those kernel updates afterwards.

Return to “Software & Applications”