updating azureus

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

updating azureus

Postby ubermensch on Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:49 am

One of the torrent sites I'm on is a bit finicky about what versions of what they allow their users to use. Any who, Ive been trying to install Azureus v2.5.0.4, I went on the azureus website and installed using their instructions. The problem is that I dont know how to access the program, not even through the command line or set it up as the default torrent client ( although this is not too important). There's a nice ubuntu tutorial on this, but theres some differences which make it not work on mint, and I'm not good enough to know how to compensate for that. Let me know what yah think, thanks
ubermensch
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby merlwiz79 on Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:01 am

Here is a .deb of a 3.0.3.0 I was just testing it: http://rapidshare.com/files/57615655/az ... .0_all.deb
It works fine until you want to install a plugin.
Just make sure to install the plugin for only you and it should work.
Make sure to restart.
merlwiz79
Level 11
Level 11

Postby ubermensch on Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:27 pm

Are there any sources like this available for version 2.5.0.4, the site I'm on requires this version in particular. I guess this question is more of a general question, If i download a tar ball of a program what is the procedure for installing it? By install I mean where do I unpack the tar ball, what filetype am I looking for which will move the right files to the right place, how do I register the program with my system.. etc.. I'm sure its different for different types of programs, so is there a wiki-page or something ( I couldnt find one) that explains how to install different kinds of programs? thank you very much for your time.
ubermensch
Level 1
Level 1

Postby merlwiz79 on Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:08 pm

ubermensch wrote:Are there any sources like this available for version 2.5.0.4, the site I'm on requires this version in particular.

I don't know why they wouldn't allow you to update since it wants you to update to 3.0.2.2 after you run it.
I have a .deb I made of 2.5.0.4 but the only way to update is to run it as root.
Code: Select all
sudo /usr/share/azureus/azureus

I don't know if you should update to 3.0.2.2 since they require 2.5.0.4, just letting you know how to.
http://rapidshare.com/files/57758222/az ... .4_all.deb
merlwiz79
Level 11
Level 11

thanks

Postby ubermensch on Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:08 pm

This worked great, thanks a lot. The site I'm on is bitmetv.org, theyre super anal about what client their users can use. It pisses me off something awful, they usually take about as much time to approve a new version of a client as it takes for a new version of the client to come out. thanks again
ubermensch
Level 1
Level 1

Postby lool55 on Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:43 pm

Thank for your talks.I've learn something more.
lool55
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Software & Applications