Best emulator ?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Murdock

Best emulator ?

Post by Murdock »

Hi guys. I haven't run any Winbloze programs under Wine or ?? In years.
What's the current hot tip under Deb/Mint/Ubuntu
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
isadora

Re: Best emulator ?

Post by isadora »

Virtual Machines?
monkeyboy

Post by monkeyboy »

Murdock wrote:Hi guys. I haven't run any Winbloze programs under Wine or ?? In years.
What's the current hot tip under Deb/Mint/Ubuntu
Depends on what I am trying to run. I try Wine first and if that doesn't cut it I have a stripped down Windows install (still) I keep as a dual boot. It is hard to beat a application running under its native OS. Good Luck
Mozenrath

Post by Mozenrath »

I usually run TinyXP in Virtualbox in case all else fails to run my windows programs(although Wine takes care of this need most of the time).
Murdock

Post by Murdock »

Thanks. I'll have to try 'TinyXP".
This is a custom piece of software based on SQL and other Micro$haft goodies.
Wine or crossover wouldn't do it. It loads and installs but fails to start and feed me the splash screen to enter THE KEY.
You know the one. XXX-XXX-XXXX-XXXXX-XXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXX- So common in proprietary crap.
Off to Tiny and playonlinux. If they don't work. I give. :roll:
jhonybush

Post by jhonybush »

Best emulator is Nintendo 64 Emulators. Because Fortunately the system is well-emulated, allowing us to play legendary games such as Zelda, Turok & Goldeneye. A fairly modern system is needed to play emulate the machine, and a 3D accelerated graphics card is an absolute must on the onboard.
Mozenrath

Post by Mozenrath »

jhonybush wrote:Best emulator is Nintendo 64 Emulators. Because Fortunately the system is well-emulated, allowing us to play legendary games such as Zelda, Turok & Goldeneye. A fairly modern system is needed to play emulate the machine, and a 3D accelerated graphics card is an absolute must on the onboard.
What N64 emulator are you referring to? I could never get Mupen64 to work well at all. Running Project64 in Wine seems to be the best option, to me.
deleted

Post by deleted »

Mozenrath wrote:I usually run TinyXP in Virtualbox in case all else fails to run my windows programs(although Wine takes care of this need most of the time).
You know TinyXP is pirated, right? http://talkingincircles.net/2008/06/09/ ... on-tinyxp/
-Hinto
Mozenrath

Post by Mozenrath »

hinto wrote:
Mozenrath wrote:I usually run TinyXP in Virtualbox in case all else fails to run my windows programs(although Wine takes care of this need most of the time).
You know TinyXP is pirated, right? http://talkingincircles.net/2008/06/09/ ... on-tinyxp/
-Hinto
I know, although I do own several Windows licenses including most versions of Windows XP. So technically I own it. Granted it's not supposed to be copied, but the product is pretty dang good. TinyXP, although some things have been removed, runs incredibly fast and is a very small ISO.

I have not and am not encouraging anyone to pirate. I'm just saying that TinyXP is what I use.

Return to “Software & Applications”