power management not working in my laptop

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
metacity

power management not working in my laptop

Post by metacity »

hi.
I have installed linux mint in my laptop. Everything working fine Except power management. Linux mint is not detecting my batteries.
So it is not detecting power failures. in power management utility there is no option to configure battery mode.I am using linux mint 9.

Thanks in advance
metacity
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
metacity

Re: power management not working in my laptop

Post by metacity »

I am using 64 bit gnome version
Bry

(SOLVED) Re: power management not working in my laptop

Post by Bry »

Same here, it was the same on 8 as well when on 32 bit. The screen goes off around 10 minutes although I have it defaulted on "Never" for both power & battery. I would like it to be on all the time. There must be some line to type into Terminal, but that's beyond me! I can access Power Management ok though.

AHA! Found what to change... it was the Screensaver setting! It's fine now,
metacity

Post by metacity »

But I don't have an option to configure battery mode in power management tool.It has only two options(On Ac power and general)
Bry

Post by Bry »

metacity wrote:But I don't have an option to configure battery mode in power management tool.It has only two options(On Ac power and general)
That's strange, but why not check the Screensaver settings as well. Mine was set at 10 minutes, I changed it to the maximum of 2 hours - and it works fine.
metacity

Post by metacity »

i tried it and no use

Return to “Software & Applications”