(SOLVED) Lost Wireless after Skype Install

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
to12ny

(SOLVED) Lost Wireless after Skype Install

Post by to12ny »

I installed Mint 9 Isadora in my Eee PC 901 and everthing was working fine.
Installed Skype 2.1 (beta) using Software Manager/Featured/Skype. Audio and video test worked fine.
After shutting down and restarting my wireless connection does not work. I can see the connection, it even reads Disconnect (as though it is connected) the Authentication window pops up with the correct password, but it does not connect.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
Tony
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
to12ny

Re: Lost Wireless after Skype Install

Post by to12ny »

Deleted my wireless connection and used "Create New Wireless Network ....." to manually connect to my network. This seems to work, now automatically connecting to my network. I will have to see if it will automatically connect to other networks, or will I have to manually connect to them each time. I hope not.
Pilosopong Tasyo
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Lost Wireless after Skype Install

Post by Pilosopong Tasyo »

to12ny wrote:I will have to see if it will automatically connect to other networks, or will I have to manually connect to them each time. I hope not.
It all depends if you have a check mark on "Connect automatically" for each wireless network you connect to. It should be obvious when you look at the properties box for each connection.
o Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will eat for a lifetime!
o If an issue has been fixed, please edit your first post and add the word [SOLVED].

Return to “Software & Applications”