downloading mail with evolution

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
karimbardee

downloading mail with evolution

Post by karimbardee »

Hi, is there a way to make evolution downloads only the header of the emails instead of downloading the whole messages ? I have a slow internet connection and don't want to wait a long time for a message downloading to find lately it is something with an attachment which I'm not interested to !
Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Midnighter
Level 6
Level 6

Re: downloading mail with evolution

Post by Midnighter »

I just had a look thru the settings, and it doesn't appear so. Back when I was on windows, and dialup, I used to use Mailwasher to check what was waiting on the mail server, and delete the junk that way, not bothering to download it. You can use it to read the mail headers and titels, and see if any atttachments are included. You can run it under wine easily enough. Only obvious thing I can think to suggest based on my experience.
If you accept - and I do - that freedom of speech is important, then you are going to have to defend the indefensible. That means you are going to be defending the right of people to read, or to write, or to say, what you don't say or like or want said.
karimbardee

Re: downloading mail with evolution

Post by karimbardee »

Thank you midnighter for your reply, it is really frustrating that evolution in spite of all its abilities missed such feature.
if I won't receive another turn around maybe I'll have to leave evolution to another mail client.

Return to “Software & Applications”