Virtual Box - how to change "vGrafic-Card"-Resolution?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sigurd1701

Post by sigurd1701 »

(Mint 9 Main)
When installing VB first time it asked me the resolution of graphic-output. unfortunately I checked the 800x600 resolution. But after installing Vista (in general runs fine at the first start (!)) the wanted Application needs at least 1024x... :-((

In general VBox runs fine and parameters are easy to set (even the Networking worked fast; the wireless seems not to work but Ethernet does)

Where can I change the Parameters of the "vGrafic-card" Resolution?! In the menu only appears the MEMORY size for vGrafik-card and increasing this doesn't resize Window / output. Even at "fullscreen' it is only the small window in the midlle...
After complete DE-installation (with packet manager) and deleting the hidden folder in .VirtualBox manually and re-installing completely new, the first time install options do NOT appear...
Does it change the Kernel (-Parameters)? Or where can i find other option parameters according to this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Old Ruler
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Virtual Box - how to change "vGrafic-Card"-Resolution?

Post by Old Ruler »

I don't recall ever being asked any resolution questions when I installed VirtualBox, but I'm pretty sure you only need to install 'Guest Additions' (on the Vista guest) and then you can drag the size of the guest window to, pretty much, any resolution you like. At least that has been the case for the Linux VMs I have installed. I only have one Windows guest VM and I so rarely use it that I can't remember. You should certainly find a whole range of available settings in the usual place on the Vista guest.

Plenty of tutorials out there on the net to help with that. This one seems pretty good:

http://www.gilsmethod.com/how-to-instal ... virtualbox

Return to “Software & Applications”