Changelog tab never shows any information

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
russ_

Changelog tab never shows any information

Post by russ_ »

My mintUpdate works perfectly, except for the fact that I can never get any information on the Changelog, Warnings, or "Extra Info" tabs. I *think* it used to work before.

Do other people get the change log info for an update? Any idea why mine might not work?

I'm not sure it is relevant, but when I do click "Changelog", there is short delay before it tells me there is nothing available. It is like it looks for it and fails.

I'm running Isadora and have mintUpdate 4.0.7.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Changelog tab never shows any information

Post by remoulder »

The changelog will only show information for mint developed applications. It doesn't (currently) show the changelog for other repos such as the ubuntu ones.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
russ_

Post by russ_ »

Wow... I must say I'm surprised by that! That seems odd.
BostonPeng

Post by BostonPeng »

"Odd" is putting it mildly, russ, not to mention kindly. It essentially renders MintUpdate useless for 99% of the updates that come through for me.

What would be the best place to file a bug against this to ask that it provide the missing info for apps coming from Ubuntu repos? I know getting info from PPAs is another matter altogether but I've had to put KPackageKit on my Fancy Tasks plasmoid to make it easy to get changelog info on normal updates.
evilestmark
Level 1
Level 1

Post by evilestmark »

Is this issue in the plans to get any love? Been several months and I'm still seeing it unresolved.
a.k.a. orionthehunter at the community site.
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

The uploader of the package - the Ubuntu or Mint team usually - may not have the time to type a changelog. If the package comes from someone else's repository then the maintainer of that repo might just be too lazy to make changelogs.
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.
BostonPeng

Post by BostonPeng »

Thanks for the info, Albert. Now the lack of info makes sense.
c30zD

Post by c30zD »

They have solved this issue, but that's in a new version of mintupdate. Please read my post at: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 65#p542465.

Return to “Software & Applications”