Problems with Shutdown and mounting of DVD-drives

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
BlueLion

Problems with Shutdown and mounting of DVD-drives

Post by BlueLion »

Hi there,
I've got Linux Mint 9 running and having problems with shutdown and mounting of drives since recently.

Options for shutdown and restart in the shutdown-window are grey, thus not selectable. Shutdown and restart DO work via terminal though.
What's worse is that I can't read any CDs or DVDs anymore - as soon as I try to read the drives following error message appears:
Unable to mount Disk

Not Authorized: Remote Exception invoking org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Authority.CheckAuthorization() on /org/freedesktop/PolicyKit1/Authority at name org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1: org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: Action org.freedesktop.udisks.filesystem-mount is not registered

I've also got Linx Mint 8 installed on my machine, it's running just fine, so the error has to be located in the Isadora-installation or Ubuntu 10.04.
The upgrade history is complete, and my user has administrative rights.
Anybody with proposals?

Kind regards
BlueLion
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
BlueLion

Re: Problems with Shutdown and mounting of DVD-drives

Post by BlueLion »

I want to add, that shutdown on terminal is only possible with sudo-command as well!

Return to “Software & Applications”