Chromium

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Bry

Chromium

Post by Bry »

Does anyone know if Chromium loads as a 64-bit version on a 64-bit machine? I can't see any way of knowing whether it is only 32-bit or not.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
CaptHilts

Re: Chromium

Post by CaptHilts »

I'd be surprised if it didn't. Btw if u like chrome AND ur privacy i think u might enjoy SRWare Iron - which was suggested to me by a fellow GNU/Linux user and I think it's worth a shot! 64bit and 32bit available.

here's the link

http://www.srware.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1945

looks identical to chrome and supports its extensions as well

Cheers
Captn
Bry

Post by Bry »

Thank you, Captn. However, I get to the desktop but can't see how to get it going... archive manager doesn't do it
CaptHilts

Post by CaptHilts »

just extract it and in the linux-iron folder there's a file called "iron" - just double-click it and the browser will start right away. No need to install anything. Downside: u'll have to check for updates for urself every now and then - but usually they release a new version shortly after chrome

if there's any more questions feel free to ask

Cheers
Captn
Bry

Post by Bry »

Since my last posting here, I have reverted to Firefox, which I realise is 32-bit anyway. This is because Firefox does render certain pages perfectly, such as a favourite of mine NASA TV, where I can watch the onboard ISS and other NASA broadcasts. So it does look like that because Chromium will not show NASA video direct from NASA, Chromium probably does load a 64-bit version to 64-bit computers.

Return to “Software & Applications”