Huge problem with Firefox in Mint10!

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
clockworkpc

Huge problem with Firefox in Mint10!

Post by clockworkpc »

I have just installed Mint10 and wanted to start adding extensions to Firefox.

I cannot add a single extension!

I click "add to firefox", the usual window pops up, I click install, it downloads the XPI file, and then nothing happens. The Add-ons window is not populated.

This is a fresh install with the most recent updates, but no PPAs or anything like that.

Any ideas?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Huge problem with Firefox in Mint10!

Post by tdockery97 »

Don't get mad, I have to ask: You are restarting Firefox after it finishes downloading the extension?
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
virgo17

Post by virgo17 »

From what I can tell, in Mint 10, Firefox doesn't actually fully close when it is shut down. I suspect some part is still running to make it appear quicker when clicking the icon for subsequent sessions.

It caught me out when I was copying some of the .sqlite databases accross and they didn't seem to be working. I had to either kill the program from task manager and restart Firefox or reboot the computer. Everything was fine then.
Elisa

Post by Elisa »

I've found another strange thing:
in FF I cannot save a page from menu File --- Save page as...
but only if I slap keys Ctrl + S :shock:
Any idea ? :D
d00med

Post by d00med »

When I install an extension, firefox won't fully close, so the extension isn't activated. I can't kill it in the process list, and if I try, firefox will no longer launch. Help with a command that will kill firefox?

Return to “Software & Applications”