Mouse and Shortcuts not working in Firefox

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Sleven

Mouse and Shortcuts not working in Firefox

Post by Sleven »

I running Firefox 3.6.12 on a Mint 10 Gnome system. Firefox has worked very well for the past month with no problems. Today the mouse quit working when trying to click on any of the pulled down menus at the top, "File, Edit, View..." it also will not work on any pull down menus on screen, address bar, stumble tools... The shortcut keys for the top menu are also not working, Alt F will not pull the file menu down. The mouse works on links and single buttons such as the stumble button or bookmark buttons. Also, right clicking does not work anywhere in Firefox, but works in other programs.

I have rebooted the system and uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
unexistance

Re: Mouse and Shortcuts not working in Firefox

Post by unexistance »

Hi,

Did you add any extension / upgrade to firefox?

Regards,
Sleven

Re: Mouse and Shortcuts not working in Firefox

Post by Sleven »

No, that was the strange part. I installed a few addons when I first installed Firefox over a month ago, but have made no changes at all since then. Everything worked as it should for over a month.

I started Firefox in safe mode and everything worked correctly. I exited out of safe mode and restarted as usual and now everything is working properly again. Not sure as to why that worked, but it seems to have corrected the problem.

Return to “Software & Applications”