Ctrl+V and Rightclick>>Paste does not work

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
manmath

Ctrl+V and Rightclick>>Paste does not work

Post by manmath »

Hi,

I am running LMDE. After installing Epiphany and Evolution (latest update of gnome-core pulled them) I see two weird problems related to copy/paste.

1. Rightclick>>Paste doesn't work in terminal and evolution compose box.
2. Ctrl+V does not work in evolution box.

I've also created a thread < http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=58430 > in debian forum for the same. It's really weird.

Please help me out.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Ctrl+V and Rightclick>>Paste does not work

Post by willie42 »

I work in Unix as well as Linux. It never has worked in the terminal for me . I think the ctrl + v works only and GUI. The only explaintion is that the Terminal works in the Kernel. and the short cut keys work with the GUI. Maybe someone with more knowledge can confirm it or tell us the real reason.
Comptia A+ Certified Technician
Comptia Network + Certified Technician
You can not have Success without Failures.
manmath

Post by manmath »

Willie thanks for the prompt reply. I know it very well that Ctrl+V never works on a terminal. The weirdness is that it doesn't even work on a evolution compose box. Besides, earlier rightclick>>paste was working fine on a terminal but now i see it doesn't work either. That's what I mentioned in my thread.

Moreover, I know I can use Shift+Insert or Ctrl+Shift+V or Middle-Click to paste the text both in a terminal and in evolution compose box. In fact, all these three work there. But, I just want (like an adamant boy) to know why Rightclick>>Paste doesn't work in Evolution Compose Box and Gnome-terminal, and Ctrl+V doesn't work in Evolution Compose Box, and what can be done to restore those options.

While searching I found this link: http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermai ... 70187.html
Has it anything to do with my problem?

Anybody? Any help? please...
Last edited by manmath on Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Post by willie42 »

That is what I was saying. the hot keys ex. ctrl + V work with the gui. I believe the Kernel has something to do with it as it not working in the terminal. As for Evolution I am not quite sure about. At this point I would check in the Preferences to see if its under there somewhere. I was only speaking of the Terminal. wish I could be of more help.
Comptia A+ Certified Technician
Comptia Network + Certified Technician
You can not have Success without Failures.

Return to “Software & Applications”