GAMING

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

GAMING

Postby tricksteriscool429 on Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:42 am

Okay I'm a gamer and honestly tired of wine because it doesn't support every windows application l play this game called Fiesta Online and l either have to use virtual box or boot into windows to play it l am border line switching from Linux to windows for ever so please some one give me a solution.
tricksteriscool429
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: GAMING

Postby willie42 on Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:14 am

Some things dont work in Linux that works in Windows thats a fact. I gave up all my Windows apps because of all the problems that come with Windows. I keep Windows now only for Computer repair only. If you can play your games in Vitural Box theres your solution. I would keep a Windows partition just incase but other than that do what you can do in Virtual Box and you will be set. Not everyone can get away from Windows. I have been Lucky. My dad keeps Windows on one of his partitions but has not booted to it in almost a year but its there if he ever needs too. So I would just try to see if anything you can do can be done in Virtual Box. There is also playonlinux and can be found http://www.playonlinux.com/en/ see if that works for you.

I hope this has helped you

Willie
Comptia A+ Certified Technician
Comptia Network + Certified Technician
You can not have Success without Failures.
willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Re: GAMING

Postby Midnighter on Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:05 pm

tricksteriscool429 wrote:Okay I'm a gamer and honestly tired of wine because it doesn't support every windows application l play this game called Fiesta Online and l either have to use virtual box or boot into windows to play it l am border line switching from Linux to windows for ever so please some one give me a solution.

"Okay I'm a gamer and honestly tired of wine because it doesn't support every windows application"

Use windows then for your games. Simple really. You seem to want a free version of windows, with all the benefits of linux, but 100% compatability with what you already use.

The fact that wine works with as many apps as it does is a testament to the hard work and initiative of the Wine devs. It's not it's fault it can't run every little thing you want it to, they don't get any help, and have to reverse-engineer everything. You should be impressed with the functionality it does provide, instead of complaining that something you bought, written for a completely different and alien OS, won't run on it. Can you get your linux apps to run on Windows natively?

If you're so "border line switching from Linux to windows for ever", then do as you please. Use what works for you, we aren't here to convince you something will do what you want when it can't. Do what you will, just stop with complaining that the hard work of many people isn't good enough because it won't run a damn game. Run it in windows if you want it so bad. You know, the OS it was designed for?
If you accept - and I do - that freedom of speech is important, then you are going to have to defend the indefensible. That means you are going to be defending the right of people to read, or to write, or to say, what you don't say or like or want said.
Midnighter
Level 6
Level 6

Return to Software & Applications