MintUpdate

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
stanperdue

MintUpdate

Post by stanperdue »

When I attempt to run Update Manager, I get the following errors. I have completely removed MintUpdate and re-installed it. Please HELP!!

======
The repository may no longer be available or could not be contacted because of network problems. If available an older version of the failed index will be used. Otherwise the repository will be ignored. Check your network connection and ensure the repository address in the preferences is correct.

Failed to fetch http://packages.linuxmint.com/dists/julia/Release Unable to find expected entry universe/binary-amd64/Packages in Meta-index file (malformed Release file?)
Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
=====
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
proxima_centauri

Re: MintUpdate

Post by proxima_centauri »

Open the following file via terminal

Code: Select all

gksudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
Remove the word "universe" from the Linux Mint repo line.
stanperdue

Post by stanperdue »

Thank you very much! All is well!
NeoMint
Level 2
Level 2

Post by NeoMint »

Me too. Thank you very much!
RavanH

Post by RavanH »

proxima_centauri wrote:Open the following file via terminal

Code: Select all

gksudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
Remove the word "universe" from the Linux Mint repo line.
Yep, that did the trick... Thanks! :)

How did "universe" ever get in there? I initially did not have this problem but it started a few days ago on my relatively fresh LMDE installation. On another system with LM 9 it has been going on for quite a while now. Glad to finally get rid of it!

Return to “Software & Applications”