Docky Recent Documents doesn't work. [SOLVED]

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
2briancox

Docky Recent Documents doesn't work. [SOLVED]

Post by 2briancox »

I have Linux Mint running on 3 computers right now. All have Docky installed. Whenever I enable the "Recent Documents" docklet on any of them, I get ... nothing.

I don't see any recent documents icon. And recent documents are not added to the right click option of program icons such as OOo. Does it do anything? Do I have something installed incorrectly?

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
2briancox

Re: Docky Recent Documents doesn't work.

Post by 2briancox »

I would be surprised if no one else had this problem ...

I'm 3 for 3.
2briancox

Post by 2briancox »

...Maybe someone more experienced could suggest something that I could try to figure out why this is happening ... ?
GeneC

Post by GeneC »

Hey Brian!

I noticed the same.

I am not using docky now, changed to AWN, but I believe that I got "Recent Documents" to work in Mint by using the latest BETA version of Docky. It was 2.0 (I forget, exactly which version 2.0.6, 2.07?). It never worked in earlier versions. Might work for you?
guv999

Post by guv999 »

Hi.
Yes - I am using the development branch of Docky and can confirm that the Recent Documents Zeitgeist helper is working fine and has been stable for some time. Very useful it is to.
You can download the PPA via Ubuntu Tweak if you have that installed or you can add the following PPA via software sources:
ppa:docky-core/ppa
2briancox

Post by 2briancox »

Yeah. It works in the unstable branch. No problems with 2.10 yet at all. Solved for now.

Return to “Software & Applications”