unsquashfs [SOLVED]

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
BigSteve_G

unsquashfs [SOLVED]

Post by BigSteve_G »

Just wondering if anyone can help with this.

I've used squashfs to compress my current Linux install (after modifying it) to make a custom Linux Mint distro' the only problem is when I use unsquashfs to decompress it.
All goes well at first then after a few minutes it just stops no errors or anything - anyone got any ideas / tips? - I want to make a custom distro of mint with more software to show Linux off to family & friends but this is holding me back.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Elisa

Re: unsquashfs

Post by Elisa »

:?:
Some articles which could enlight where the problem might be...

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 1&p=314867
http://www.pendrivelinux.com/ubuntu-tor ... oot-to-ram

Also there could be a media-reading problem...

BTW why not to use rather Remastersys or AptonCD ?
BigSteve_G

Re: unsquashfs

Post by BigSteve_G »

Hi - thanks for the fast response.

I had kinda been thinking about creating a custom Linux Mint distro' on usb & as soon as I can get my hands on a bigger usb memory card I will be giving it a go (do you know what size card is needed?)

I've tried Remastersys but when it comes to booting the disc it gets so far then tells me it cant find the live file system & although AptonCD worked fine for me when I used Mint 8 it doesn't seem to work under Mint 9 - when I try to reinstall the software it tells me it cant find it and / or dependencies (sorry I cant remember exactly what it says)

Basically I'm trying to make a live DVD that lets me install Mint & then a bunch of other software (without an internet connection) & custom themes so that I can convert more people other to Linux - any suggestions?
BigSteve_G

Re: unsquashfs [SOLVED]

Post by BigSteve_G »

Well almost there......
Basicaly I;

1/ Unsquashed the filessystem.squashfs from the Mint10 DVD to my hard drive.
2/ Added some extra bits like more themes & backgrounds, my own folders & some useful script files.
3/ Re-squashed everything back into a new file & got the md5sum checksum number for it.
4/ Used isomaster to replace the original filessystem.squashfs with my own on an iso of Mint10 & changed the files checksum value in the checksum file.
5/ Wrote an iso & tested it in virtualbox

- Success!!

Now when I get chance I'm going to work out how to add other apps to the custom iso as well........

Return to “Software & Applications”