Wine not working in Mint 10

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bhill93

Wine not working in Mint 10

Post by bhill93 »

I just upgraded to Mint 10 today and I installed the latest stable version of Wine and the Installation went just like normal, but whenever I try to run anything in Wine I get logged out of the system. Basically it goes, I click open program in wine and it acts like the program is opening up but then the screen goes black and then when it comes back I'm at the system log in screen. Im trying to load Civ 3 in Wine.

P.S. I'm kind of a Noob and Just started an account here today.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
colyn

Re: Wine not working in Mint 10

Post by colyn »

It could be the program you are trying to run will not work in wine. Go to http://appdb.winehq.org/ and search for the program to determine if it will work. If it is not listed then in all probability it is not compatible.
bhill93

Re: Wine not working in Mint 10

Post by bhill93 »

I looked it up on the link you gave and apparently Civ 3 is a hit and miss game under Wine. It works for some people, others only parts of it work and then in other cases it just doesn't work at all.

Return to “Software & Applications”