Why Amarok?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Re:

Postby screamin_jesus on Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:44 am

GoustiFruit wrote:I like Rhythmbox better :roll:

When I first tried linux (Ubuntu 6.06) I remember hating rhythmbox so much, and used banshee. Rhythmbox is MUCH improved now though, the interface is simple, fast, and easy to use and it has every feature I need (CD ripping/burning/Ipod/Playlists/Last.fm/Radio ect...), and is just overall very stable, best of all it works with my ipod perfectly. Amarok is alright, I have used it when I tried KDE distros, but amarok NEVER works right with my 30 gb ipod video, it doesn't detect it half the time and can NEVER eject it. Banshee and Rhythmbox work FLAWLESSLY with my ipod and eject it fine. Other than that I think Amarok is alright because of it's wealth of features, but I don't care for it's UI and it's a resoruce hog (Although so is banshee)
screamin_jesus
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: vs

Postby Kynan on Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:29 am

eriktheunready wrote:they are both awsome applications, one ~dumb~ question, is there a music player othere than xmms, that has a "pause" key?
looking at ryttmbox, exhaile etc. there seems to be a puase button issue? no?

:)

I'm not sure what you mean. Exaile has tonnes of options for control. The buttons are quite clear to me and the Fn + play/pause combo on my laptop worked by default. Even then extras can be gained from plugins such as the taskbar play/pause and next track buttons (similarly to wmp) and you can get a plugin to assign your own hotkeys if you wish.

The overall look of Exaile looks much more fitting to both the gnome desktop and to mint as well as being much simpler in design and layout. But thats just my opinion.

Kynan
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Why Amarok?

Postby bef on Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:47 pm

amarok is certainly aesthetically pleasing, however, although there is nothing to justify it, i have stuck with banshee.
member 675
bef
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Why Amarok?

Postby linuxviolin on Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:05 am

Banshee? So you love Microsoft? :lol:
K.I.S.S. ===> "Keep It Simple, Stupid"
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." (Leonardo da Vinci)
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Albert Einstein)
linuxviolin
Level 8
Level 8

Previous

Return to Software & Applications