Having some trouble with Remote Desktop [SOLVED]

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
indecks

Having some trouble with Remote Desktop [SOLVED]

Post by indecks »

I am currently running Mint 10.

The point of this machine will be as a media hub for my PS3, Xbox, sharing, and all that good stuff. Mint's working great so far, but Im having some trouble with Remote Desktop. Windows Remote Desktop just won't work right so I've looked at TightVNC and XRDP. Now, I like XRDP but I am running into the "D" bug and for some reason this thread's directions aren't working for me. I get errors when trying to run the steps.

So since this isn't a secular issue and it's a simple home network, I figured TightVNC (or even UltraVNC) will work great for me. And they do. They connect right up and work great. But that's it. For some reason the screens don't refresh at_all. I get the very first screen and that's it. I can still control the machine. Ive done some testing and it moves the mouse perfectly, opens folders, right-clicks, keyboard is responsive, and I can even surf the web. But for some reason the computer I'm using to control the Mint PC won't refresh for anything.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Can someone help?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
faulteroy

Re: Having some trouble with Remote Desktop

Post by faulteroy »

Compiz is the culprit. You can disable it by going to the Control Center -> Appearance -> Visual Effects tab and setting it to "None".
indecks

Re: Having some trouble with Remote Desktop

Post by indecks »

faulteroy wrote:Compiz is the culprit. You can disable it by going to the Control Center -> Appearance -> Visual Effects tab and setting it to "None".

That got it faulteroy! I appreciate the help!

Return to “Software & Applications”