Import pictures to F-Spot automatically

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
D. Strout

Import pictures to F-Spot automatically

Post by D. Strout »

I am trying to get my mom to switch over to Linux Mint. One thing she likes about Windows is the fact that it automatically imports her pictures into its photo editor when she inserts the SD card from her camera. I know it's easy to click the Import button in F-Spot, but I want it totally dead simple, since computers aren't her strong point. Any ideas how to do this automatically?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JasonLG

Re: Import pictures to F-Spot automatically

Post by JasonLG »

D. Strout wrote:I am trying to get my mom to switch over to Linux Mint. One thing she likes about Windows is the fact that it automatically imports her pictures into its photo editor when she inserts the SD card from her camera. I know it's easy to click the Import button in F-Spot, but I want it totally dead simple, since computers aren't her strong point. Any ideas how to do this automatically?

When you insert the SD drive it will ask you what you want to do with it. Tell it to open it always with F-Spot.
OldManHook

Post by OldManHook »

D. Strout wrote:I am trying to get my mom to switch over to Linux Mint. One thing she likes about Windows is the fact that it automatically imports her pictures into its photo editor when she inserts the SD card from her camera. I know it's easy to click the Import button in F-Spot, but I want it totally dead simple, since computers aren't her strong point. Any ideas how to do this automatically?
You might try Shotwell it auto import your pictures to a Window where you can select one or all of your Pics :)
Chris_C

Post by Chris_C »

You can show her how easy it is to install a program and set preferred applications quickly.

I'd set her down and let her open the Software Manager and have her do a search for her favorite program in this case F-Spot. (She won't like the rating though -10 :-D )

After install open the folder with the pics and right click. Select Properties -> Open with. Select F-spot or it's applicable terminal command (Using Custom Command) fspot.

If you have an issue with it opening:

http://www.uluga.ubuntuforums.org/showt ... p?t=803729

Return to “Software & Applications”