Suddenly lost font rendering

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Vidar

Suddenly lost font rendering

Post by Vidar »

Hey,

Today I decided to install LMDE alongside my normal Mint 9 main edition. Everything worked out fine and LMDE seem crisp.
But when I booted back to Isadora I saw an annoying problem: my font rendering has somehow vanished! System fonts look overly sharp and pointy both in menus and documents (open office). I checked appearance->fonts and everything is just as it used to.

I can't figure out how LMDE installation could cause something like this. Only thing it chainged for my main desktop was the bootloader: I had BURG installed, it got overwritten with LMDE installation and now I restored it to Burg. But fonts remain these '90's look-a-likes.

This is especially annoying, cause I should be writing my masters thesis right about now, and I just can't look open office the way it is!

Can I restore antialiaising from some hidden setting or reinstall some packages?

Please be kind an let my get back to my thesis!

Thanks i advance!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gn2

Re: Suddenly lost font rendering

Post by gn2 »

Vidar wrote:Today I decided to install LMDE alongside my normal Mint 9 main edition.
Confused about what you mean by "alongside".
Can you provide more information about how you set this up, e.g. is it a dual boot with a shared /home ?
vortex59
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Suddenly lost font rendering

Post by vortex59 »

Try to delete the font.conf file from your home folder and restart the system.
"A scientist is someone whose curiosity survives education's assaults on it". Sir Hermann Bondi

Return to “Software & Applications”