iPhone Sync Issues

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cjellis6

iPhone Sync Issues

Post by cjellis6 »

I tried syncing my iPhone with Rhythmbox recently, and I was able to put about 2000 songs on. But, only about 1200 of them are actually recognized by the phone. The phone doesn't show the extra space as free, however, so it knows something is there, it's just not recognized as music. It's not a file format problem, as some of the songs that weren't copied were from the same album as some songs that were. I'm guessing that this is an issue with the phone's library not being updated correctly, is there a way to fix this? Or, a better music player I should use?

I have a standard Julia install on an Acer Aspire One, and an iPhone 3GS with iOS 4.1 (8B117), jailbroken. I don't need the phone jailbroken, if that is the issue. Thanks for any help, this is really puzzling :?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
grey1960envoy

Re: iPhone Sync Issues

Post by grey1960envoy »

Unfortunately there seems to be issues with the updated iPod/phone which sucks IMHO as I would much rather use Linux than Windows or Muck.
cjellis6

Re: iPhone Sync Issues

Post by cjellis6 »

Apparently so, although I've seen a lot of people claiming that they have perfect compatibility with idevices. That's the most obnoxious part of this whole thing.

Return to “Software & Applications”